Mail Attachment List

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Thiol, May 3, 2009.

1. Thiol macrumors 6502a

Thiol

Hi all. Does anyone know of an easy way to search through Apple Mail to list all the messages with attachments and sort them by size? I was hoping to slim down my mail folder... Thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can just click on the column headings to sort by size, attachments, etc.

Picture 8.jpg

3. Thiol thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thiol

Thanks, I realize that. But my messages are in different folders. How do I do the same for all messages?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Just do a search of all mailboxes, then sort by attachment or size.

Picture 11.jpg

5. Thiol thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thiol

Yes, I realize that too. But how can you get every message you have to pop up? I can't put in a wild card into the search field...

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Think... what word is common to all emails in YOUR mailboxes?

7. Thiol thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thiol

Dude, I have over ten years' worth of emails that has gone through multiple addresses, some of which don't have my name on it because of crazy importing from Eudora etc. I guess we've both thought this through enough to realize that there isn't a silver bullet to this search and a little brute force is required. Unfortunate. Thanks for trying though; I appreciate the help.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Try searching for a period followed by a space. It's really not that difficult to find a small string to search that will retrieve most, if not all of your emails, as long as you search the entire messages and not just the to, from or subject lines. Use a little imagination.