Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hussainh1

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2014
I have that same issue, came here hoping for a workaround. I even tried to send myself a blank email from the draft in hopes of having the draft go away, but that didn't work.

gwang73

macrumors 68030
Jun 14, 2009
California
I'm not seeing issues with drafts but I am getting a lot of emails that won't load until I force-quit the mail app. Once I force-quit mail, the same emails open fine. I'm also seeing blank email placeholders when some new emails should be. Again, force-quitting mail brings them back.

For me, b6 Mail is worse than b5 Mail. Going to have to install Outlook until they start fixing these.

CopyChief

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2007
Mail app on iPhone still is showing a draft email on the mailbox screen

Yup, it's still there. I reported it using Feedback, but in the report it now says "Resolution complete - Works as currently designed."

I beg to differ.

tamaralig

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2014
It was fixed for me in the last two updates and this one broke it again but my iPad running iPadOS betas isn’t experiencing the same problem

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
Mail app is trash right now. It’s better to switch to another mail app till this is fixed. I’ve been using outlook and works great.

Reactions: uecker87

Hakiroto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
There's a workaround. If you delete the default Mail app and then reinstall it, it no longer does this. Be aware, though, that deleting the app will remove anything local that's not in the cloud. For me, I only use my iCloud email with it so it was fine. I just reinstalled it, went to my iCloud settings, and turned Mail back on. I then opened the Mail app and all my mail was downloading again. Since then, I've not seen the phantom drafts thing. Just be sure you know what you're doing with your mail before you delete the app. I can confirm, though, that this workaround has worked for me (as well as another person on this forum, who originally recommended it to me).

Reactions: hxlover904

bigboy29

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2016
My Mail app shows two Inbox folders; I have a single email account configured (Outlook.com / Hotmail) and if I go to folder list, I see two Inboxes.

(feedback filed)

gwang73

macrumors 68030
Jun 14, 2009
California
Mail's been improved in b7 but there are still issues with new emails coming in but not showing in the unified inbox and some new emails not being marked as read after reading them. However, I'm no longer getting the blank screen or forever 'loading' indicator when opening emails.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
I'm not seeing issues with drafts but I am getting a lot of emails that won't load until I force-quit the mail app. Once I force-quit mail, the same emails open fine. I'm also seeing blank email placeholders when some new emails should be. Again, force-quitting mail brings them back.

For me, b6 Mail is worse than b5 Mail. Going to have to install Outlook until they start fixing these.
That last line is the most annoying for me. I only had a few annoyances until the last one, and now apps that worked fine before suddenly have FaceID and crashing issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.