mail & campus IMAP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jeremytehjerk, Nov 6, 2007.

1. jeremytehjerk macrumors newbie

so i set up the mail program with my gmail and campus mail accounts. gmail is working fine and i guess campus is 'working' but in addition to my inbox mail is retrieving a folder called "public folders" with hundreds of subfolders and tens of thousands of messages. i could not find anywhere to tell it just to sync with my 'inbox' or anything like that to keep it from going after this folder and its contents. is there any more hidden way to tell mail which folders to get or anything else i could do to use mail and not waste comp time/hard drive space on getting all that crap?

thanks!

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

It sounds to me like a visit to your campus IT is in order. Without knowing how they set up IMAP access and what exact settings you need to use, I'm not sure how much valuable help you'll find here.

3. jeremytehjerk thread starter macrumors newbie

i have tried setting it up with the IMAP and exchange instructions both of which can be found on our tech website and either way it just goes crazy getting all these public folders and indexing all the attachments and saving all the calendar events until i delete the account or take it offline.