Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Having a consistent problem since running DP3/Beta 1

Get to a certain point in my long list of emails I receive every day where one particular email just won't delete. I hit the delete key, even right click on message.

I actually have to open up AIRMAIL and delete the message there.

Then, when I get the next list of downloaded mail, the same thing happens at some point within the message queue.

Anyone else having this problem?

bolongobay

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2014
What happens for me is that I delete a message and it goes to the next message, but the message I tried to delete stays in my inbox. If I right click on the message it gives me the option to 'Undelete' so I know the message is getting deleted and it's barely noticeable but the deleted message's subject line is slightly lighter than the other messages. Certain actions (like switching to another folder and back to my inbox) will clear the deleted message, but it's still pretty annoying. I'm really hoping this is not a 'feature'.

K4LK

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
What happens for me is that I delete a message and it goes to the next message, but the message I tried to delete stays in my inbox. If I right click on the message it gives me the option to 'Undelete' so I know the message is getting deleted and it's barely noticeable but the deleted message's subject line is slightly lighter than the other messages. Certain actions (like switching to another folder and back to my inbox) will clear the deleted message, but it's still pretty annoying. I'm really hoping this is not a 'feature'.

Have the same problem. Reported to Apple. The other problem I'm having is sending mail to a POP server. If the message is really small, no problem.

K4LK

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Same problem with Yosemite GM candidate. If I delete mail in a smart mailbox or move it, the original stays in the same view (although it is ghosted).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.