MAIL: Configuring an Auto CC: ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DarrenG, Feb 3, 2009.

1. DarrenG macrumors regular

Is there any way within Mail to configure an Auto CC: when I receive email sent to a specific address?

I and a number of my colleagues receive support@ email. When one of us replies we CC: our reply to the support@ address so that everyone else can see it has been dealt with.

It's not difficult but it can get overlooked and when you deal with 80+ support emails a day it'd be nice to automate the CC: bit if possible. I've searched and whilst I can find many people asking, I have not as yet found a solution.

And ideas appreciated!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

An easy way would be to put the support team contacts in a group that starts with a unique character. Then, when you're replying, you only have to type one character in the CC: field to populate that field with the group.

3. DarrenG thread starter macrumors regular

I only have to enter the support@ email address anyway, and autocomplete takes care of that for me as soon as I type sup.

The issue for me is forgetting to enter the CC: recipient.

4. Cucumberella macrumors newbie

For new messages only, In the preferences>composing you can select to automatically CC yourself. This is "yourself" as defined by the account email address.

So if you changed this to be "support@..." but you would end up sending from "support@..."

so you could Automatically CC yourself then you'll get an aide memoir in the header or at worst a copy of what you've sent you can then forward, but this breaks once you "reply to".

5. DarrenG thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, that might be a solution, not perfect but I'll give it a whirl!

6. Cucumberella macrumors newbie