Mail, Contacts, Calendars settings have vanished!?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by doodude, Aug 18, 2009.

1. doodude macrumors regular

doodude

I just JB my 3G 16g to 3.0.1 using redsn0w & I have no mail settings to add any accounts.

I go to settings & Mail, Contacts, Calendars, are just not there! :confused:

Can I fix this ( cant imagine how ) or am I gonna have to start over? :eek:

EDIT:

Well, I restored to original settings cuz I need my phone & its getting too late to play around with it.

But if anyone can give me a guess as to what happened to cause the problem Id be glad for the information...

2. aj07 macrumors newbie

hi,

Have you hidden any icons? if you have then try unhiding stock and mail. See if this works

AJ

3. doodude thread starter macrumors regular

doodude

Yes oj I checked for hidden icons & several other things, well, LOTs of other things actually. Those settings were just not there.

I guess this will just go down as one of the freaky things that happen when you Jailbreak that simply has no logic. :confused:

Cest la vive, eh!? ;)

4. fluffylucyxmy macrumors newbie

problem fixed

had the same problem. so annoying i ended up buying another (expensive) mail program (print n share). the program is good good but it bugs me carrying around something that doesn't work so i kept searching.

in my case, it turns out to be winterboard/extended preferences that was the problem. turned them off and all is well again. If you don't have winterboard installed, I have also read that if you have categories installed and have mail inside a folder, the same thing happens - haven't tried this though.

hope this helps.