Mail creating 2 new messages when I drag in a photo?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Learjet035, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Learjet035 macrumors 6502

When I drag pics from PS, lightroom, or off my desktop to the dock and drop it on Mail it opens 2 new messages.
    No big deal, I just delete one. Was just curious if anyone had a fix or was experiencing the same issues.

New issue since Leopard upgrade BTW.

Where has everyone gone?

I used to, at the very least get a response in under an hour to anything I asked up here.

Not complaining, just curious. I have 2 unanswered posts kicking around here.

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Sorry, this one seems a bit exotic...and that's probably why there hasn't been too many answers. I'll also move the thread to Mac Basic or Help, which is a better place for getting help... ;)

To get you started: Have you tried the usual mumbo jumbo™: Restarting (just a plain restart does help sometimes) or running periodicals, clearing logs and caches, repairing permissions, etc, etc, etc. MainMenu and/or OnyX are nice for that sort of "spring-cleaning"

3. Learjet035 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks Mit
    Tried the restart and repair permissions
    Not sure what you mean my periodicals.... Disk Utility maybe??

Thanks again

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Ah, I was thinking about the periodical Maintanance scripts that OS X runs at certain times (daily, weekly and monthly, which coincidentally also is their names ;)).

Nah... not Disk Utility, either the Terminal or the above mentioned OnyX or MainMenu, here's what MM looks like in action:

[​IMG]

Again: I'm not sure either of these things will help your (a bit) odd problem, but it's a place to start... ;)

Edit: They don't seem to know the answer over at the Apple discussions, either, but there might be a small comfort in knowing you're not alone...or what? :)

5. Learjet035 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks a ton. I'll give MM a shot. Never even heard of that.