Mail delivery reports...?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by duncangohl, Sep 25, 2014.

1. duncangohl macrumors member

Keep getting unable to deliver reports marked as from my email address ?
    Not from me though.
    Any ideas ?
    Ta

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Someone that has your contact info has a spam Trogan or you posted your email info on an Internet board and a spam bot captured it. Did you check your email providers web email sent folder to see if the server saw the try sent?

Time you kids learn how use at leat two(2) email servers from different vendors. One for online shopping and one just for family or very close people. Maybe one for school email like the one your college gives you. Just remember to keep then seperate!

3. duncangohl thread starter macrumors member

Loved the "you kids " bit !
    For a moment there I thought I felt a spring in my step .
    Turns out it was just the rubber tip on my crutch :eek:
    At 65 I just need to know if it is causing any harm or should I just delete every time ?

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Did you check the email web server page like I asked? Did you check the the SMTP Outbox yet? Did you EVER post your full email address on ANY web page?

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

These are probably spoofed emails faked to look like they are from you.

Assuming you never gave out your email address to anybody, this usually happens from automated programs that just send out random combinations of addresses and they log the ones that don't bounce as legit... then you are on the spam list with that address forever.

Just mark them as spam and delete them and don't worry about it.

Who is the email provider? They may have a way of blocking these if you check. For example, you can report iCloud email spam by forwarding the email as ann attachment to spam@icloud.com