Mail does not download certain e-mails

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by freshstart, Nov 23, 2007.

1. freshstart macrumors newbie

I have a POP account with my Verizon e-mail that downloads it to Mail. My husband sent me two or three e-mails from his work e-mail that I was able to get in Outlook in my Dell, but for some reason they are not showing up in Mail. I don't have any filters set up, and there is no "junk" folder icon in my mail where I could look for them. Does anyone have any ideas about where they might be or what I need to do to assure that Mail is downloading everything?

Thanks!

2. wootdawg macrumors newbie

I'm going to guess that the dell is set to not leave the messages on the email server, which would cause the mac to not see them(because they're no longer there) when it checks the email.

Some info on how to change(or check) this setting is here.
    http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/leaveonserver.htm

3. freshstart thread starter macrumors newbie

No, the Dell is set to leave them on the server, and most of the messages are downloaded without a problem. Good thought, though. Any other suggestions?

4. stevep macrumors 6502a

stevep

I also had similar to this recently - my other halfs' Mini stopped downloading mail after 10th Oct, although she could still see it by logging in to the ISP's webmail. Deleting her mail account and setting up a new one was no help - it would just download all of them up to 10th Oct and then stop.
    This was with Tiscali (in the UK). Against my better judgement I rang their technical support - a total waste of time - spoke to some Indian guy who I had trouble understanding, and who's technical knowledge was pitiful. Told me to contact Apple as they 'don't support Macs'.
    I never solved the problem. Upgrading to Leopard made it disappear though, and on starting Mail it promptly downloaded all the hitherto 'missing' emails.