MAIL doesn't send - but config is OK

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Pyl, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Pyl macrumors newbie

I just don't know what to do (apart from removing the programm and installing ist again):
    I can't send e-Mails via MAIL - it worked fine a few days ago (different location). Receiving is no problem.
    Strange: on my second Macbook (old version) there are no problems at all.

I'm just switching my Computer (good old Macbook to good new Macbook) - apart from approx. 3 years and the general improvements (processor etc) the computers are the same.
    Both are MacOSX 10.5.7 and the MAIL-version is Mail 3.6.
    The MAIL-configuration is identical (I checked triple and more).
    Internet connection is via airport, IP-address differs (of course), works on both computers.
    Anyone any idea what might cause this problem? I'm not really an expert - so it might be something really stupid...
    THANKS!

2. drummerlondonw3 macrumors 6502a

drummerlondonw3

having had many similar problems of mails looping and causing issues stopping sending mails I would recommend that if you have an imap account and the info is not stored on your computer (something I would strongly recommend for this reason) then I would first delete the account and try that first, then move on to re-installing the app. in my experience and that of others round here mail can be very temperamental

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

its your configuration....yes, location plays a role if you are using an isp supplied email