Mail Drop on A5/A5X devices

TobiasJW

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2015
I can't get Mail Drop to work on my iPhone 4S and iPad 3rd gen (worst apple device ever:mad:). Should it work on A5/A5X devices?
It works on my iPhone 6s :rolleyes:

Paddle1

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2013
I can't get Mail Drop to work on my iPhone 4S and iPad 3rd gen (worst apple device ever:mad:). Should it work on A5/A5X devices?
It works on my iPhone 6s :rolleyes:
No it shouldn't. AirDrop is supported on iPhone 5 or later, and iPad 4th generation or later.

TobiasJW

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2015
No it shouldn't. AirDrop is supported on iPhone 5 or later, and iPad 4th generation or later.
No i wrote/mean Mail Drop not AirDrop! ;)
From the Apple Support Document: With Mail Drop, you can send attachments up to 5 GB in size. You can send these attachments right from Mail on your Mac, the Mail app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, and from iCloud.com on your Mac or PC. All files types are supported and attachments don’t count against your iCloud storage. If a message, including its attachments, is larger than your Internet Service Provider (ISP) limit, Mail will ask you to send the attachments using Mail Drop.

Paddle1

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2013
No i wrote/mean Mail Drop not AirDrop! ;)
From the Apple Support Document: With Mail Drop, you can send attachments up to 5 GB in size. You can send these attachments right from Mail on your Mac, the Mail app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, and from iCloud.com on your Mac or PC. All files types are supported and attachments don’t count against your iCloud storage. If a message, including its attachments, is larger than your Internet Service Provider (ISP) limit, Mail will ask you to send the attachments using Mail Drop.
Well in that case here: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT203093 It looks like it should work on any iPhone or Mac on iOS 8/Yosemite and up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.