Mail Enhancer = multiple email sigs

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by h1r0ll3r, Feb 16, 2011.

1. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Mail Enhancer is on Cydia. One of it's more profound features is the ability to have multiple email signatures now. You can even have custom tones for your emails. I'm hoping it's custom sounds for each email account but I'm not sure. It's $1.99. Anyone tried this out yet?

2. cyclone84 macrumors regular

I will buy this so fast if it has email account specific tones. Anybody able to confirm?

3. kyphur macrumors newbie

Issues with Mail Enhancer...

I just purchased it yesterday. I have an iPhone4.

First while it does allow unique signatures for each e-mail account it doesn't allow unique New Mail Tones for each account.

Here are the issues I have with it so far:

The way is seems to work is by stopping the New Mail "Ringtone" and playing a sound file. This means that the volume of the notification is not the same as your ringer volume but the sound (Music & game sound effects) volume.

The other major issue I have with it is that I can't disable the speech! When I tap on the speech settings all I get is a message, "Speech needs Voice Services to work. Unfortunately, this is not part of the firmware for you device." Yet the speech works!

4. h1r0ll3r thread starter macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I bought this anyways. The multiple email sig thing is great however I have also noticed some issues as well.

Sometimes the new emails can only be read in the unified inbox and not each individual inbox. It'll say that I have 5 new emails but if I try to read the email in my Hotmail account, for example, it'll show that I have one new email in there but I can't read it. I have to go to the unified inbox in order to read it.

The sound notifications will sometimes play and sometimes not. Also the voice thing is pretty cool as well but it also doesn't work all the time.

Great app but I think it needs a little more fine tuning.

5. kyphur macrumors newbie

I agree with you on that.

6. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

That's a bummer to hear it still needs some fine tuning. Thanks for posting the comments guys!

Are you still gonna use the app or table it till an update comes out?

7. MajesticNJ macrumors regular

MajesticNJ

My problem is that everytime I am composing and sending email it detects that I had HTML in the message or could have had HTML in the message, it asks me if it should attempt to convert to HTML but I say no. Then the message sends but that popup doesn't go away so I click it again and say no then Mail crashes out.

8. h1r0ll3r thread starter macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I uninstalled it for the time being. I have Notifier+ installed as well and I'm not sure if that's causing some of the issues. I'll give it a couple weeks or so and reinstall. Hopefully it'll be working well at that point.

9. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

description

DESCRIPTION:
    Requires iOS 4.0 or higher
    Multiple signatures, custom notifications, HTML usage.
    No problem at all with Mail Enhancer.
    Full feature list:
    - Add a signature for every mail address
    - Signature will be added automatically to every new mail, reply, forward
    - Quickly swap sending email addresses and its signature
    - Use HTML in your signatures
    - Custom notifications for incoming mail (vibrate, popup, custom sound, speech announcement)
    - Choose iTunes Ringtones as "incoming mail" sound
    - Sound / Speech can be enabled for silent mode or while in a phone call
    - Speech can be selected to speak only when headphones are used
    - Speech can speak the senders name and number of incoming mails
    - Option to choose Activator action to immediately mute sound and speech
    - Use HTML code in mail compose

10. kyphur macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Well the developer fixed the speech issue so I'll continue using it as that was the biggest annoyance for me and now I can disable it.

11. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

I don't "get" the fascination with the ability to have multiple email signatures.

Whatever.

12. enklined macrumors 6502

Work vs Personal email signatures.

13. swiftbmx macrumors regular

100% of the reason. Hate replying to personal email with all my work info at the bottom, mostly Craigslist stuff.

14. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

I was actually more interested in the app so it read my new emails. That way, when I'm driving, I don't look down to see the email coming in.

15. mrrippey macrumors regular

iPad support.....

Love it on the iPhone but I rather it work on the iPad where I email much more often.

Rippey

16. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

Picked this up today, only using it for email digs but it works as I would expect.

17. GPeaslee macrumors member

HTML Signature

I am trying to create an HTML signature for my work email account that is as close as possible to my Outlook signature and have a few questions:

1) how can I tell what fonts are installed on the phone?
    2) if I want to use a font like Comic Sans MS, how do I install it on the phone?
    3) what is the proper code/syntax to change the font?

I don't know html and can't find these answers on Google. Would really appreciate some help. Thanks.

18. BookEmDanno macrumors member

BookEmDanno

Not sure if your questions have already been answered, but here's the code/syntax for what you need.

<font face="Comic Sans MS" color="green">
    name
    company
    etc.
    </font>

I added the color option in there in case you need it.

~Aloha~

19. Gary33411 macrumors newbie

Great App, don't know HTML either sent the copy to the DEV and he created the Sig for me!:)

20. GPeaslee macrumors member

Thanks for the html lesson! To match my Outlook signature, I need the Comic Sans MS and Lucinda Handwriting fonts on my phone. Do you know where I can find them?

Good suggestion! I have sent the dev an email.

21. BookEmDanno macrumors member

BookEmDanno

I didn't have to install any fonts specifically. I use exchange as my primary email account on my iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3 as well. My font on my sig is "Trebuchet" and also tried "Comic Sans MS" and "Century Gothic". All 3 worked. I suggest that you give them a try first without having to install those fonts specifically.

~ Aloha!~