Mail "Enter Password For Account" Keeps Showing. But...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bensalama21, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Bensalama21 macrumors regular

It asks me for my password every 5 minutes and it is an account that I had removed about a year ago. I type in the correct password anyways and it doesn't accept it. Any help please?:( I looked at the accounts I have and it is not listed. This problem started occurring 2 days ago randomly!

2. Bensalama21 thread starter macrumors regular

3. Confuzzzed macrumors 68000

Confuzzzed

Lion solved problem

I had a similar problem myself but new Mail with Lion seems to have solved as you can now delete old / unusused Mailboxes

4. Bensalama21 thread starter macrumors regular

I just want to make clear that I had created this mail account over a year ago, but never fully set it up because I decided to add a different email. I know how to add/remove accounts, but the only 2 showing up are the ones I am currently using. My other macbook running snow leopard would do this with current email accounts that it was using, but I haven't encountered this with an unused, removed, email account. Unfortunately, it literally pops up every 10 minutes asking me for the password, and it is a real nuisance especially when using full screen apps / concentrating on work.

5. munkery macrumors 68020

munkery

Did you delete the keychain entries for the account from Keychain Access?

6. Bensalama21 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, everything associated with that account was deleted already. I even deleted anything that had to do with "Yahoo" or mail accounts.

7. munkery macrumors 68020

munkery

Have you tried deleting "com.apple.mail.plist" located in /Users/username/Library/Preferences?

WARNING: This may reset all of your accounts. Also, do not delete similar files located in other Library directories as this may cause issue that will require Mail to be reinstalled.

Have you tried "Keychain First Aid" from the Keychain Access Menu?

8. Bensalama21 thread starter macrumors regular

No but as soon as I get home I'll try this. Thanks.

9. Bensalama21 thread starter macrumors regular

A little late on the response (Sorry)... But just for a follow-up. Both things you suggested did NOT work. I am still stuck seeing the pop up requesting the "ghost" password.