Mail Error-Can't Send But Can Receive Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Artful Dodger, May 15, 2008.

1. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Hello,
    My Mail seems to have Borked today. I've tried to send some e-mails this morning and I get some error messages such as these below. I'm not sure how to fix it but I have been getting my mail all day long and no matter if I foward/reply/create new it doesn't send anything. I've tried sending with and without attachments to no avail. I have also done the customary verify/repair permissions and nada.
    Any info would be great since my Missing Manual Book doesn't have help for this :cool: Last, I tried to undo the SSL check box just to see if that could help and it was all the same.

Attached Files:

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Your ISP is blocking all traffic to any smtp server other than their own. Try using your isp's smtp server.

Alternatively, try changing the outgoing port to port 587 and make sure you are using SSL.

3. theotherguy macrumors member

dot mac mail is messed today

They are doing something serverwise. The mail status is amber on the .mac homepage.

4. Artful Dodger thread starter macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Thanks to both as I was scrolling to open this my GF just received my mails from 8:00 am today and I forgot that I cranked my speakers just hearing the rocket-ship "sent" sound almost gave temp. heart failure :p
    My GF said Mail from her school was doing the same thing as it's a different ISP company. I thought someone busted my mail as I looked for War drivers on the street after I got that message in the am. Seems fine now…thanks again and if it acts up I'll post back.

5. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Got the same thing this morning as well.

Found this on .mac:

.15.2008 :: 06:46 - 07:11 PST
    100% members could not send mail via .Mac. Normal Service has been restored.

6. junior77 macrumors regular

Had the same error yesterday, could recieve but not send email. Changed the port per apple help documention, fixed it.

The question is, does it matter which port needs to be used? Should I try switching back at some point?

7. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

Having same problem, but with my GMail account. What should I do?

8. Artful Dodger thread starter macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Just saw that on .mac as well. Glad it's not just me but not glad it happened. Hope it gets fixed soon for everyone.

9. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

They fixed it this morning. 7:11 pst
    I wouldn't change ports or settings.