Mail flag keeps changing to red

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by Tipsy McStagger, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Tipsy McStagger macrumors member

Tipsy McStagger

I use all the different colored mail flags for various subjects/references. But I have noticed that everything I flag with the grey colored flag will change to the red flag. It's weird, I'll flag a bunch of messages grey, then 10 or so minutes later I'll look back at mail and there are no grey flags but now all those that I had tagged with grey are tagged with red.

It doesn't happen with any other flag color, only grey to red. Does anybody know what's going on?

OSX: 10.11.4 (but it was happening on 10.11.3 also)
    Mail: 9.3 (3124)

2. Tipsy McStagger thread starter macrumors member

Tipsy McStagger

nobody else has this issue? I must be doing something weird.

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Whether or not, and how, flags work can depend on your email provider. Who's yours?

4. niji macrumors 6502a

niji

hi
    in the past (but not currently) i have had similar issues with flags.
    it has happened when i have changed flag colors several times.
    it would get stuck on one color and even if i overtly chose clear flag, it would seem to be removed, but in the mail box dedicated to that flag the box would be still show as having one mail in that color but the mail itself didn't show up.at.
    i remember i fixed it by clearing all (100%) of the flags so that the flag folders wouldn't even show.
    then rebuilding the actual folders that the original mails were stored in
    rebooted,
    and then Mail fixed it.

5. Tipsy McStagger thread starter macrumors member

Tipsy McStagger

Oh cool, I didn't know that. The email is from my school through microsoft's livemail

Thank you! I will give it a try