Mail Folder Action Woes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hyeok, Aug 16, 2007.

1. hyeok macrumors member

Hi everyone. Just got my first mac and enjoying it very much ^_^.

Anyhow, I have mail set to send junk mail directly to the junk mail folder. But, if I go into the junk mail folder and press "Not Junk", it does not send that mail back to the inbox. Shouldn't it send the mail back to the inbox if I have marked it as Not Junk? (I can probably set a new rule to make it do this, but shouldn't it do this already?)

Also, if I create a new folder in Mail on my IMAP account, it somehow does not show up until much much later, and the new folder it created shows up as a subdirectory of the Trash Folder. Why does it do this and how can I make folder creation on the server more snappy when I am doing it from Mail?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

The Junk Email bit is normal. You then have to manually move it to wherever you want in your account.

The new folders on IMAP servers is annoying for me too. I've ended up simply creating them in the webmail area rather than Mail itself. Is the Trash selected when you make new folders? Maybe try selecting the Inbox or nothing at all before creating the folder. :)