Mail - folders

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mac2thefuture, Jul 27, 2007.

1. mac2thefuture macrumors 65816

Is it poss to quickly send emails to a 'circle' of friends pre-designated in one swoop.

For example, lets say i have a folder (if its poss) full of family email addresses. Lets assume there are 12 family members and i want to send an email inviting them over for a bbq. Can i compose my email and then hit the folder containing those email addresses and it done??

I know i'm an idiot btw:)

2. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

You want to set up a group in address book to do this easily. Enter your family members in address book, then create a new group. Then you should be able to create a new mail message to that group.

3. mac2thefuture thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks very much for your assistance:)
    The thing is....i don't even know how to add this new group and or where to place it:eek:

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Within AddressBook you can make groups. Create the new group, then drag in everyone that you want. Now in Mail, you can make the To: field go to the group name, and you're all set.

5. mac2thefuture thread starter macrumors 65816

:)
    Looking back now, how simple was that....i suppose thats why people get confused, we expect somethings to be complicated.....when of course, as usual with macs, it's always the simplest of processes. I need to get used to this new simple way of life:)
    I LOVE :apple:

6. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

I think the confusion is that people think they need to set up the group in Mail and don't think that they should set it up in Address Book.

7. chatoyer macrumors regular

Not to drag up a month-old thread, but I've been researching this and have found that the way Mail handles groups is extraordinarily cumbersome.

For example, I want to create a 'group' with 50 emails addresses of all my students in my class. I regularly email them, hence the need for a group. Am i expected to manually enter in all of their email addresses into Address Book, only to create a group? In Outlook, Entourage and, I think, Gmail, this is a rather simple and effective process. The way Mail/Address Book wants me to do it is to populate my Address Book with a huge number of email addresses which I'll rarely use on their own but much more often collectively.

I just switched from Entourage to Mail about three days ago, and have to say that this issue is making me think about switching back. Unless I'm missing something blatantly obvious?