Mail font settings

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by etaleb, Sep 27, 2017.

1. etaleb macrumors regular

guys - i tried accessiblity settings, etc but cant make my font size in the mail client any bigger. Any suggestions?

Thx

2. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Are you talking about the bodies of the emails themselves? When you are reading them or writing them?

3. etaleb thread starter macrumors regular

4. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

I think the best you can do there is zooming in manually (or using the zoom accessibility feature). I don't believe the settings generally affect the email content as that is basically based on how the email was composed and sent by the sender.

5. etaleb thread starter macrumors regular

I do zoom in manually all the time but that causes the text to not fit in one line and then have to scroll left and right. I wish iphone simply fit everything on the screen to read it after zooming - not sure if there is an option for that. This never hap

6. IHelpId10t5 macrumors 6502

The problem is likely not with your phone but instead with the settings of the sender. The problem with many "modern" email clients is that they create horribly implemented HTML emails that are then a mess when received. What we need is for Apple to add a plain-text reading mode for Mail.

In my old-school opinion, anything other than plain-text should be banned or stripped from email. If you want to send me a formatted document, send me a PDF attachment. If you want to send me a web page, send me the URL of the page you want me to visit. If you want to send me a useful communication, send me a well-composed plain-text email that doesn't require fonts, formatting, tables, fonts, bold, italics, colors, hyperlinks, or useless spinny-flashy things.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I have the same problem sometimes but not with all mail.

8. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

It's definitely the sender's formatting. Even someone who normally sends you email that works well with iOS mail can screw it up by pasting differently formatted content into their outgoing email.

I don't mind getting a properly-formatted-for-mobile email such as those from Mailerlite or Mailchimp.