Mail: Fonts NOT showing up in Selection Box

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bMorpheus, Aug 4, 2009.

1. bMorpheus macrumors newbie

bMorpheus

Does anyone know how I can add fonts to Mail?!?

I'm running OS 10.4.11 on a Powerbook G4. Mail 2.1.3

The problem has me butting my head against the wall.

When viewing my mail I have the use of Arial, Courier, Helvetica, Times New Roman, however when composing mail and going to the Font Selection-Pane-Panel Box (not sure what the correct term is for it) these fonts are no where to be found.:confused:

I have tried going to Apple's site to find out how to add these fonts to Mail, but I haven't been able to locate any info about this weird problem.:mad:

So, the above mentioned fonts show up in the Preference Pane, but NOT in the Font Selection-Pane-Panel Box.

BTW: They are in my Fonts Library folder.

TIA

2. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

Make sure "All fonts" is selected in the left hand column of the font selection window. Then choose the Font you want in the middle column.

3. bMorpheus thread starter macrumors newbie

bMorpheus

D'oh, with your help I've finally got it figured out

I didn't have my selection window pulled out all the way, so, that is why I didn't see all my fonts! :eek:

For some reason the window had that column blocked off, and I just never pulled it out all the way out. It has appeared this way for (Hate to admit it) years, again :eek:

Thanks Ashka, You made my day! And now I don't have to bang my head anymore over this issue :)