Mail for Mac OS X - problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vishwa, Jun 12, 2007.

1. vishwa macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I have been having problems in using Mail for Mac OS X 2.1.1 (752.3):

1. I can't seem to "store" draft messages - in the midst of writing a message, every 30 secs or so, a pop-up would tell me that the message could not be saved, even though the corresponding draft folder exists on my IMAP server.

2. I can't seem to move deleted messages to my Trash folder on my IMAP server. When I delete messages, they just get permanently deleted, and I can't find them anywhere, including the Mac Trash folder. In the preferences, I have made sure that the "move messages to Trash after deleting" option is checked.

3. I have two more pop accounts configured in the Mail program and these work fine for the above two cases without any problems. I have also confirmed with other Mac users that their IMAP accounts work fine without any problems using Mail for Mac OS X. Also, I have checked to see that my IMAP account works fine (for the above two cases) when I am using Thunderbird or any other email program from different OSes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    vishwa

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

In your Home folder, head to the Mail folder in your Library and Get Info on it from the File menu. What does it say under the permissions title? :)

3. vishwa thread starter macrumors newbie

I checked this out and it says I have RW permissions, since I am the only (su) user. I don't see anything strange. Others and Group have no access - does this need to change?

Thanks,
    -v

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Nah that's good. Maybe press Apple To Enclosed Items though, just to be sure. :)