Mail & Gmail Merge: Thousands of EMAILS!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by padungrel, Feb 7, 2009.

1. padungrel macrumors newbie

I've recently IMAP-ed my Gmail to my Apple Mail.

When I press 'Get Mail', it begins importing my entire GMAIL inbox (complete with 1000s of emails). Is there any way to stop this?

2. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

I think that is the intention of IMAP -- to allow you to completely sync multiple email sources. That way when you delete from one it will delete from all of them. If you've previously used POP you may just need to move that inbox to a save folder and let the full sync take place...

3. bzliteyear macrumors newbie

gmail capacity - why not moving?

hi all,

i finally sync'd 30k emails w/ my iMac and my gmail(2 days), and i used the Apple Mail to find/sort/delete tons of big files. from what i can see, all the syncs are happening near realtime. however, my gmail capacity is still at 94%. when i removed large files previously on gmail, i used to see the capacity # change. this time, i've removed TONS of attachment/pix/emails, and the capacity didn't change.

can anyone suggest how to fix? i could add more capacity, but it doesn't solve the problem of why deleted files that are "emptied" are not reducing my capacity usage.

thanks all.

PL

4. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Is the delete files on server option selected? In gmail you may have to look and see if mail is in your trash.