Mail.... gone!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OsloJim, Dec 17, 2007.

1. OsloJim macrumors newbie

Guys, I'm a total fool. I had Mail stuffed full of 30,000 e-mails, some of them crucial to me, and for some reason they've all gone. It happened like this: mail seemed to be playing up so I restarted it and a Mail dialog box came up asking me if I wanted to import all the old messages into the new version (not sure how this new version popped up) I clicked on yes but then it told me it would take like 26 hours to import so I clicked cancel... mistake? What do I do now. I want my mails back :-(

2. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Everyone seems to be having mail problems tonight.. Did you install the new security update today? That could be the problem.

3. OsloJim thread starter macrumors newbie

Security update

I'm not sure, don't think so, unless I did it without thinking? Jeez, I'm in deep sh*t, I need some of those mail to finish a presentation I'm doing in the morning :-(

4. nemex macrumors regular

nemex

.mac mail has been experiencing trouble during the afternoon (CST); a couple of hours ago, even the .mac page was down. Seems to be back online now. I've been able to access my mail in the web page. Have you tried using the web access of your .mac account?

In my case problems started way before applying the security patch, so I don't think they are related. :apple:

5. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

what mail are you using (gmail, .mac, yahoo...)

6. nemex macrumors regular

nemex

oops! my mistake I was assuming you are using .mac mail... :eek:

7. OsloJim thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm using Mail 3.1

8. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

I think he meant what mail services not Application. Its hard to explain, what email service did you sign up to.. when you chose your username.