Mail: Growl, IMAP and Spam

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by marekkurlmann, Aug 29, 2008.

1. marekkurlmann macrumors regular

I just switched my settings in Mail so that I'm now checking my Gmail accounts using IMAP rather than POP. This has gone smoothly save for one thing: Growl now notifies me of every piece of Spam that comes into the Spam folder on the server. Is there any way to adjust this?

Likewise, Growl also notifies me about anything new message on the server, whether it's an e-mail I have sent (added to the server-side Sent Messages folder) and also takes to notifiying me two, three, or even more times for a single message (because it comes into the All Mail folder on the server and then into my client-side mailbox in Mail).

Is there any way to tweak these settings?

Thanks a lot!

2. VentralChaos macrumors newbie

I was just about to ask the same question! I keep getting notifications flooding the screen when really I have only 1 email, the rest of it is duplicated and other spam messages and it's really irritating! :mad: I'm just learning about AppleScripts, is there a way to program it using one?

3. jtamac macrumors newbie

If you go into Mail Preferences there is a preference pane for GrowlMail. One of the GrowlMail preferences is Only notify for emails in your inbox. Check it and you should be all set.

4. VentralChaos macrumors newbie

ah! thank you! didn't see that in the preferences window before :)