Mail Hangups

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by owleyes, Apr 9, 2015.

1. owleyes macrumors newbie

I installed 10.10.3 last nght, and today I've had my Mail app hang up twice, requiring a force-quit.

Anybody else?

- Steve

2. desertman macrumors 6502a

Fits to my experience. See my thread "Empty Dock icons after updating to OS X 10.10.3".

3. owleyes thread starter macrumors newbie

Still Hanging

My mail app is still not working properly. More frequently now, about 1 in 3 times I launch the app, it doesn't fully load and requires a force quit. This started after installing OS X 10.10.

I was looking to see if there's a preferences file I can discard, but can't seem to find one in the library. Is that what I should be doing, or do I need to reinstall the Mail app?

4. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

Just on the off chance, you could try the "Rebuild" command from the Mail menu under "Mailbox"

5. Keukasmallie macrumors regular

Keukasmallie

Mail loads OK for me, but it hangs up for a second when changing from one email to another. Prior to the latest Yosemite update all was well w/ mail.

6. owleyes thread starter macrumors newbie

I rebuilt the mailbox yesterday, and it seemed better. But no, it's back to its old tricks.

7. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

I'm having problems with the mail app in 10.10 as well. The iOS devices I have all have a great mail app that works flawlessly with the different mail services. I use 4 different providers. OS X otoh does not work with a couple giving me password errors when they are correct. I have finally given up on trying to use it and use Chrome to read old mail on the services that won't sync but that I need when using a Mac.
    I've just started using OS X on 2 different machines. Same problems on both. I don't know if there is a question in here, I'm just a bit peeved that the mail app in Yosemite isn't as easy to use as it is in iOS.