Mail has corrupted attached photos

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by mpainesyd, Apr 30, 2017.

1. mpainesyd, Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017

mpainesyd macrumors 6502

mpainesyd

I just sent an email using Mail with some small photos attached. I dragged the photos from the Photos app onto the new email. It appeared to send correctly but when I looked in the sent folder it wasn't displaying the photos. The file size count is bizarre (1.2MB of 166KB):
    upload_2017-5-1_7-39-42.png
    and is actually increasing (I have now deleted the email and warned the recipients to delete it)

I tried to send the same photos by dragging files from Finder but a similar thing happened - in this case "?" instead of images.

Update...

a) A recipient has advised me that the images were fine in the email they received from me so the corruption seems to be in my "sent" folder.

b) I sent a test email to myself (but another account name) and the JPG displayed in both the sent and inbox folders so this seems to be an intermittent thing.

2. Fishrrman macrumors G4

If the recipient received what you sent without problems, I'd just delete the "sent" email and be done with it.

If something similar happens -again-, and becomes repeatable, then I'd worry about it.