Mail has gone crazy!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by grooveattack, Apr 27, 2008.

1. grooveattack macrumors 6502a

hi all.
    i was happily using mail to check my mail and i was fine, few hours later i repeated this process and 'mail cannot access thought this port' i.e. no email. bugger. i have tried everything, changing ports, i even used it on a different network altogether. I tired to use thunderbird instead of mail and same problem. now it simply says 'account is offline' and i cant take it on line. any ideas?

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

If thunderbird is having the same problem it might be due to the mail server going offline. There isn't anytihng you can do but wait to see if it comes back online. Where do you get your email from .mac, gmail etc.? There might be other reports online of that particular service going down.

3. decal macrumors member

decal

If it continues it may mean your preferences may be corrupted? Try putting he mail Pref's on the desktop and restarting mail. I find if something is playing up and if I have tried everything else it's generally the preferences that have gone hay wire.