Mail help - A few explanations needed

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by xUKHCx, May 2, 2008.

1. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I have been using Mail for ages and ages now but I was looking at it today and it seems as if it has gotten really messy and I am not sure why exactly.

AS you can see from the picture there are 7 mail acconunts and most of them have this extra crap at the bottom and this sometimes means that when I search for a message it appears more than once for some reason.

I really just want to have the top section (Inbox, drafts, sent, trash) and not the extra stuff at the bottom.

Attached Files:

2. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

3. xUKHCx thread starter Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Yeah, all but the hotmail account which is coming in through HTTPMail.

4. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

Well that's likely the problem. The Gmail account, for example, is creating folders in Mail to coincide with the labels you have set up in the web interface. Probably something similar with the other accounts.

5. xUKHCx thread starter Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

In theory I shouldn't need to have them displayed as the emails will be in either Inbox, Sent, Drafts, Trash. Is there a way to stop displaying them.

Although that brings me to my next question, although I have "store sent messages on server" the sent message list on the web browser is different to inside mail. Is there a way to make it so that they are perfectly in sync (as they should be).