Mail Help - Don't want to display "real" names

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by almightychey, May 2, 2007.

1. almightychey macrumors newbie

I apologize if this has been covered before. I did a search, but maybe I was not using good keywords.

I am new to OS X, just got my MBP this past weekend. I thought I would start using mail, but I have already run into something that I do not like. When I compose an email and punch in an email address in the to:, it converts it into the persons real name - linked in my address book. Is there anyway for it to just show the persons email address, not their real name?

I was thinking I could go through and make seperate contacts for just email addresses, but I dont know. If there is no work around, I guess I will just have to live with it.

Any help is appreciated.

almightychey (newbie)

2. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

Will Mail>Preferences>Viewing>Use Smart Addresses work for you?

3. almightychey thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried that and all it does is show the name and address rather than just the name alone. i tired deleting the name and just leaving the address, but when you click outside of that field it reverts back.
    Thanks for your help.

4. afornander macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-I607/I607FG1 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 320x240) UP.Link/6.3.1.17.06.3.1.17.0)

i really dont understand y u dont like that feature. i hate remembering emails, i can just tye the name.

(no i dont know how to turn it off)