Mail help/question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kuebby, Jun 9, 2007.

1. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

I have something I'd like to do with Mail but I'm not sure if it can even be done. Right now I have my comcast email going to Mail and I get my gmail and NYU email online. What I'd like to do is be able to get my NYU email in Mail. Is there a way to do this?

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

You'd have to double check w/ NYU to see if they offer POP/IMAP forwarding. :)

Then you'd need to know the server settings/ server port number, etc.

edit: I just went ahead and poked around NYU's site this is what I found further down the page here:

Picture 3.png

:edit again: WHAMMO! I so pwned mkrishnan! ;)

:super duper edit: OP!!! Read this link! Much more specialized instructions. :)

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yes, you can have more than one mail account in mail. This is what you need to start with:

Go to the NYU IT websites and look for instructions on using external mail programs to read your university mail. If you have trouble, search there for the terms IMAP or POP. You should get instructions; if not, you'll at least get most of the necessary data to add the account to Mail.

4. kuebby thread starter macrumors 68000

kuebby

I couldn't find the information I needed anywhere in the help or FAQ so I sent IT an email and am now waiting for a response.

Thanks devilot but that's the opposite direction that I want to read the mail and it doesn't seem that that would allow me to do it the other way (NYU to Mail).

Nevermind, I didn't read the super duper edit.

5. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Er, the very last link I included? That tells you how to forward your NYU email into Mail.app. It even has screenshots to help illustrate some of the steps...

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Nobody pwns me and lives to tell about it.

Well, except for Blue Velvet.

You watch yourself. :eek: ;) :D

IMAP and Mail.app is great. A very nice complement to webmail. :) Good luck!

7. kuebby thread starter macrumors 68000

kuebby

Thank you so much for your help devilot, I've got it working.

8. brinder macrumors newbie

mac mail help needed

hi,can anybody tell me how i can put my mails on mac mail in folders.i try drag-n-drop does nt work.plz help me