Mail Icon not showing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tammie614, Jul 27, 2011.

1. tammie614 macrumors member

Greetings All,

my mail icon is not showing up. from the screenshot i have 2 messages but the mail icon that would usually show up in the corner nex to the battery percentage is now missing.....help? :(

[​IMG]

2. norrismantooth macrumors regular

Seems you are jailbroken. Check your installed packages in Cydia, and see if there is an update for the mail icon app you are using.

3. tammie614 thread starter macrumors member

thank you for responding. There isn't one (updates that is) i started experiencing this problem after i removed lockinfo. whenever i got a text message (bitesms) i would get 2 sms icons at the top asusming one was for lockinfo i simply removed it since i dont use it anyway...hoping i dont have to readd it for my mail icon to show... :(

4. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

IIRC, I don't think that the iPhone on it's own displays a mail icon in the status bar. I think that's a feature of LockInfo, and once you removed it, it took the feature away.

I'm not sure though..

5. tammie614 thread starter macrumors member

i hope not :( thank you

6. Awjvail macrumors 6502

Yup. The iPhone, in stock form, does not display an icon in the status bar. That is Lockinfo or some other Cydia package.

7. tammie614 thread starter macrumors member

Awjvail, thank you. is there another packager i could download for my mail icon to show again? or is there a way to tweak lockinfo so that its not showing 2 SMS icons when i get text messages?