Mail IMAP Append Errors

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TannerLD, Sep 1, 2008.

1. TannerLD macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Today I attempted to send an email message in Mail (which is using a email account with IMAP), but for some unknown reason the email failed to send and I am now getting Mail Error Pop-ups and Drafts of that message every 1-3 seconds or so. I'm not sure if the problem is on my end somehow or something funky is going on with the server. I've attached a image of the error message and how many messages I've collected in my drafts folder (of the same email) in an hour or so.

Its terribly annoying and rendering Mail useless due to the pop-up error messages.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    -Tanner

Attached Files:

2. TannerLD thread starter macrumors newbie

Update: I've determined it must be on my end as I've had my account's draft/sent messages folders emptied and the problem still exists. I've deleted the sent/draft folders from the Mail folder in my Library, but it has not seem to have changed anything. It must be really obvious or really hard to get rid of.

If there is no answer to this, I'm guessing I'll have to create another mail account.

Thanks
    -Tanner

3. csmitty macrumors regular

Have you ever figured out a solution to this? Mine is doing this today starting this morning. It says it sent the message but everytime i cancel the pop up it adds another to it. I can delete all the message in between the pop up if i'm quick but it still comes up. Force quitted the program, and restarted. Still happens and very annoying. I've tried deleting the email out of every folder and it goes away for a min or two then starts back up.

Ok, it appears I exceeded a storage limit on my IMAP account, not sure how cuz it wasn't half full yesterday. So that may be why mine is poping up. It does say something about storage exceeded. Except I can't find where the problem is. I assume its all the drafts Mail tried to create and send to the server.

WTF

4. TannerLD thread starter macrumors newbie

I did not find out a solution to this. The only solution I could really find, was to delete the IMAP account in Mail, then re-add it again. That has gotten rid of my solution for a few months. Everytime I do that, it goes away for a bit.

Hope that helps,
    -Tanner