Mail importing emails from a different account to Gmail

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bothwelr, May 24, 2013.

1. bothwelr macrumors newbie

Is it possible that because I have added another email account on my iPhone, Gmail is importing all of the emails too? I have a Gmail address, college address (ran by Gmail) and a work email on my phone. I have never had any issues with receiving the college emails in my Gmail.

I only recently added the work email but it seems that all my work mail is being forwarded into Gmail. (So I receive the email twice, which is just frustrating!) I have gone through all the ways of making sure that no emails are being forwarded to my Gmail from my work account (as they were initially) and changed my forwarding address to a Hotmail one.

I changed this yesterday but I am still receiving emails into my Gmail account. I checked to see if I was automatically forwarding emails from Hotmail to Gmail. I was, so I changed this setting too and I am no longer receiving Hotmail emails in my Gmail. But I am still receiving work emails in my Gmail.

Any insight into this problem would be much appreciated!

2. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

Do you have Gmail pulling mail from your work account? Just a thought. You can set Gmail to send from different accounts, so it might be pulling it in. If nothing in the others are forwarding to Gmail, then Gmail is pulling it.