Mail Improvements?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by FelicityW, Sep 23, 2013.

1. FelicityW macrumors regular

What are the improvements in Mail in Mavericks? I'm happy with a link to a document, if such exists.

I have to decide if I am going to pay up for 20GB of iCloud space and the thing holding me back is the integration difficulties between Mail and Gmail. I want to be able to route all my mail through Mail by forwarding all my Gmail to my iCloud address - and then be able to send replies from the appropriate gmail email address. And I don't want two copies of everything in my inbox.

2. benwiggy macrumors 68020

I simply use Gmail's IMAP server, and that works perfectly well in Mail. I have two Macs and an iPhone, and my email is synced between all three.
    No need for iCloud to get involved at all.

3. leman macrumors 604

Gmail can automatically forward or pull your mail to/from other email accounts. One great feature is that you can set up multiple STMP servers within gmail and it will use those to send your mail. I have 5 email accounts (private and work) connected to gmail and I can send the mail through Mail App/gmail combination using the appropriate mail server.

4. Jack Dangers macrumors regular

So is Gmail basically push now? I found Mail in 10.8 to be kind of slow in receiving gmail (Google Apps for business) messages. I started using Postbox since I receive them instantly compared to Mail. But I prefer the overall experience in Mail.

5. benwiggy macrumors 68020

No, you still set the frequency at which your mail client checks the IMAP server. You can have it every minute if you want.