Mail in 3.0 - Delete all? Mark all as read?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by angieutc, Jun 10, 2009.

1. angieutc macrumors newbie

Howdy,

I'm new to the forums so please be gentle :)

Does the new 3.0 include delete all and mark all as read in the mail app? Also, if they don't..... do you have the option to delete all messages within Mobile Me versus selecting one by one.

I find the delete all option on the Iphone completely unreasonable. Yes you can mark each message and then delete all, but what if you have over 200-300 e-mails?

Thank you:):eek:

2. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

I agree.. and I hope theres an option for it..

3. angieutc thread starter macrumors newbie

I know! That has always been a downer for me with the Iphone. Even the clunky Blackberries have this option!

Come on Apple

4. charltonx macrumors member

Yeah this is something I'd like to see, haven't seen anybody mention it in previous threads though; can anybody confirm?

5. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

Negative. No delete all or mark as read for all on emails.

6. ptukhar macrumors newbie

the mail app blows major chunks-the reason I'm not going to bother with 3gs until it gets a overhaul.

7. devinci99 macrumors regular

oh bummer, i was hoping there was a solution or workaround in this topic.

8. KayMPK macrumors newbie

Email - Select All / Delete All

I have to agree. This so unproductive. I do not want to do IMAP becasue I want them deleted from my phone, not my laptop.

Blackberry made it so easy to do. Iphone makes it so unproductive. I get hundreds of emails a day.

I called support and they said to have everyone put in a complaint/request at http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html