Mail in iOS 5 (Attachments issue)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by insocal, Jun 9, 2011.

1. insocal macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Anyone having problems with Mail?
    When I FORWARD a message and select INCLUDE ATTACHMENT, it no longer includes the attachment. This wasn't an issue before. Tried a Hard Reset but no luck.

Also, when a message is long and it gives you the option to "Download More" , it downloads but doesn't display the entire thing.

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

I would of been happy to give you the fix if you only posted this thread once.

3. insocal thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Why do some people get off on being rude?
    I posted it under 'bugs' but wasn't sure if it was, in fact, a bug...so I made an individual thread. And rather than help someone out with the same amount of energy it took to post your sarcastic reply, you instead choose to be rude. Hopefully there will be someone more kind than yourself who will put out something positive in the world rather than just more unnecessary negativity.
    Have a great day.

And it's "would HAVE" not "would OF".

4. insocal, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011

insocal thread starter macrumors regular

Mail attachments DO forward BUT...

They aren't showing up in the message being forwarded.
    It looks like nothing is there but the attachment is received on the other end. Weird.

Is anyone else having this issue? Has only started since installing iOS 5. Wondering whether to report it as a BUG if it's a common occurrence.

Thanks!

5. macblaster macrumors newbie

I am also having this issue.

I also have this issue. It started when I updated my old 3gs to iOS5, and has continued now with my 4s.

6. manny12 macrumors newbie

Same Problem...

Since iOS 5 I haven't been able to download attachements on my iPad 2 or iPhone 4S... even tried on my sisters iPhone 4 with no luck. All are running iOS 5.

I tried resetting my devices, deleting from multi-task bar, sending smaller file, and none worked.

@macingman: Really?! You have to be a dick about it? We know you have no answer, you just want to feel needed.