Mail in iOS 7 not fetching new messages

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by typecase, Aug 6, 2013.

1. typecase macrumors 6502

Hello,

I've been having issues with fetching IMAP mail on iOS 7. I understand that the OS is beta but are others having these issues? I had IMAP set up with my phone and it was rock steady in iOS5 and 6, always showing me a new message, syncing with the server, etc otherwise behaving like it should. Now, it tells me I have new messages but won't download the new messages.

These problems are temporarily averted by deleting my mail account and re-addding it manually, at which point it will work for 1-2 days if not less. Then suddenly I'm back to the same problem. I really though beta 4 fixed this problem when it worked for like 3 days without issue then stopped suddenly.

I have tried closing the app, rebooting, synching the account from my mac (which it seems to ignore), and as mentioned re-adding the account:

I did a search and this doesn't seem awfully widespread and certainly doesnt' seem to be a common isssue based on the number of replies:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1605640&highlight=mail

Any ideas? Is there a way to reset the apps preferences or clear its cache?

2. Sgeffm macrumors newbie

I have the same issue using Imap with my mail provider. Fortunately pop3 is working without a problem as sometimes deleting and readding the Imap account does not help as well.

The iphone starts to fetch the emails (e.g. "1 out of 143 Emais starts to download") and the bar is visible, but than it stops again and tells "just updated".

3. typecase thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes! This is the exact issue I'm having! I feel like we're inching toward GM and they're not addressing this. Has anyone found a solution? How widespread is this issue? Bueller ... Bueller?

4. typecase thread starter macrumors 6502

Still having this issue in the GM. Got a new phone. Started from scratch. Same problem. Anyone know of a fix? It worked beautifully for exactly two days, then poof, no more new messages despite messages coming to the server.

5. dmeyer1982 macrumors newbie

Any one found a work around to this issue. It is killing me with work emails.

6. typecase thread starter macrumors 6502