Mail-in Rebate UPC - Photocopy?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jsonli, Nov 9, 2008.

1. jsonli macrumors member

I really don't want to cut a hole out of the bottom of my new MacBook's box... but if I need to for the $100 printer rebate I guess I'll have to.

Anyone have the definitive word on this? I'd much rather send a photocopy...

2. dabomb1188 macrumors newbie

you can go to apple.com/promo and just enter the code from the receipt if you bought it at an apple store or online. You don't need to mail anything in.

3. jsonli thread starter macrumors member

I checked it out... it looks like its only available for US customers. In Canada we've got to actually mail it in. :mad:

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

OK- update to the question below (but I would still check out what is up with the info I provided below...)-- after finding the Canadian printer rebate form and reading the details of the offer it, unfortunately for you, makes it quite clear that you must submit the original. From those details you will find the following quote which removes all doubt! :(

Did you actually try to submit it via the online rebate center?

The reason I ask is that from the Canadian online store, the printer rebate link directs you to the online rebate center (which does open in the U.S. store technically). Unfortunately the rebate center is currently down for maintenance so I could not check further after signing in, but it just seems pretty unlikely that the Canadian store would link to that if it were unusable in Canada.

5. jsonli thread starter macrumors member

The printer rebate link from the Canadian store goes here:
    http://www.apple.com/ca/promo/

All you get is a link for a PDF form.

6. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Not all of them do! :D If you check out this iMac page (note that it IS the Canadian store) and click on the "Get up to $100 rebate on a printer" link in the middle it points to this: http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/holidaygg/promobar/promobar_printer.html

Apparently just an error in which a link did not get updated correctly when the Canadian site was updated.... figures I would randomly choose one that linked wrong!

So unfortunately the terms and conditions quote in my previous post would then have to apply. :(

7. jsonli thread starter macrumors member

You're right. I neglected to print the last page of that form so I missed that part. Okay well... let's hope I can peel it good. :)