Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
I bought Office University for Mac this past Summer. You can only have it on 2 computers. I have it on my iMac and my MacBook Pro, but I'm sending my MacBook in for repair and I know they're gonna reinstall OS X. How do I go about getting Office back?

johnnnw

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2013
I bought Office University for Mac this past Summer. You can only have it on 2 computers. I have it on my iMac and my MacBook Pro, but I'm sending my MacBook in for repair and I know they're gonna reinstall OS X. How do I go about getting Office back?

There's actually a pretty easy way I would use if you have an external hard drive.

Make a clone of your hard drive currently. It'll save Office and also you can then restore the clone on the new hard drive they put into it and have everything back to normal.

Or you can call Microsoft and explain the situation. I know they have the ability to allow you to transfer the license as long as you have the current one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.