iPhone Mail inbox 12/31/00

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jp70, Feb 19, 2011.

1. jp70, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2011

jp70 macrumors member

I have a iPhone 4 on 4.2.1 jb with GreenPoison. I tried to search this here and on Google, but didn't come up with any answers.

Every time I re-spring or reboot my mail inbox is loaded with a dozen or so e-mails dated 12/31/00. I can't seem to find a way to fix this. I've opened each inbox (3). I've deleted the e-mail accounts and put them back on and the problem persists. It does eventually right its self, but how I don't know. In the mean time if I get an new e-mail I can't check it because the only e-mails that come up are the blank ones containing no data.

Thanks for any assistance.

I'm going to try to JB with greenpoisOn RC6...see what happens.

Attached Files:

2. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Maybe it's a sign you should stop jailbreaking.

3. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

Let us know what you find. Might want to do a restore first also. Haven't jailbroke since 4.1 so I have no knowledge of any issues.

Yea, that's the spirit. Just say **** it and give up :rolleyes:

4. jp70 thread starter macrumors member

LockInfo

LockInfo seems to be the culprit. It could of course be that and something else not jelling with it. I jailbroke with greenpois0n RC6 right over RC5 with no issues, and the iBooks issue is resolved. However, the mail problem was still there. I removed LockInfo and currently using IntelliScreen on a trial basis. The 12/31/00 issue is gone and I actually like IntelliScreen alot better, minus the $9.99 tag. I also disabled IntelliScreen to test it and the e-mail probelm was fixed in that config too.

I'm not sure what's worse, your actuall thought process or the time you wasted posting it.

5. JSingr macrumors member

Having the same exact issue..I originally thought it was lockinfo but I removed and it eventually came back. It has something to do with some other third party program. It will work fine in safemode and if you remove mobilesubtrate.

I just can't find the culprit app. deleted the email cache..removed/readded mail accounts. Did a clean restore and installed apps 1 by 1..reboot checked mail no issue and just before I thought it was fixed. It came back. I'm guessing it took a couple of reboots before the bug showed itself again.

Weird thing is 3rd party email notifications show up fine (elert, growl, message enhancer)

I noticed if you lock/unlock mail will work properly until you respring or reboot again. Spent hours searching..no luck most of the web is about the issue with gmail.

Please let us know if you find out anything and I used greenpois0n 6 to jailbreak.

6. JSingr macrumors member

just a quick update..

think I figured it out finally..Lockinfo doesn't seem to play nice with the screendimmer program.

Haven't tried many combos..but the issue occurs (for me anyway) if lockinfo is installed and screendimmer "Don't lock on respring" is set to on.

Haven't tried reinstalling lock info with the screendimmer "don't lock" disabled..like the original poster went to intelliscreen myself and just happy my iPhone works the way it should..

Can the original poster verify if they use screendimmer?

Hope this help someone else..read other forums in which no one could find a fix.

Fyi I'm on Verizon, so It's not just AT&T this occurs on.

7. jp70 thread starter macrumors member

Nice work

I do have screen dimmer. I may go back to try that combo out. However, I'm enjoying intelliscreen and so far I haven't had a reoccurrence.

8. Junghanns macrumors newbie

I have the same issue and this has been occurring for the last 3 years since I use 3 gmail IMAP accounts. The only solution I found to be able to display the empty 12/31/00 emails is by jumping back and forth from each account until they display all regular emails. I think this has to do with the amount and size of emails inside each inbox that avoids to display everything in a single synchronization, certainly a bug from ioS and Gmail together not wanting to increase the size or time of packets in the synchronization.