Mail - Inbox window

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by a.b.brian, Oct 31, 2008.

1. a.b.brian macrumors newbie

For some unknown reason the Inbox window that displays all of the new messages that I have received has changed. There used to be a line in the window,below the message listings, with the highlighted/selected message appearing in the same window below the line. That line has disappeared. I now have to click twice on the message to view it in a new window.

I don’t have any idea what I did to cause the window to change but I would like to get the line back.

Can anyone tell me what to do?

Thanks.

2. blodwyn macrumors 65816

You haven't just dragged the line to the bottom of the window? If so then just drag it back to where you want it.

3. a.b.brian thread starter macrumors newbie

Mail - Inbox window

No, that's not it. I tried to find the line at the bottim of the window, but it wasn't there. However, thanks for your suggestion.

Anybidy else? Surely someone out there knows what I should do!!

4. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

MAybe somehow your permissions could be messed up. Try repairing them through disk utility.

5. a.b.brian thread starter macrumors newbie

Mail - Inbox window

Thanks for the suggestion. I ran Disk Utility repair, and although there were a number of permissions that needed repair, Mail was not one of them. At least the problem did not go away.

Bummer!! I'm stumpted.