iPhone Mail IOS7 JB wont open?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Chargr, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Chargr macrumors regular

Chargr

I installed Flux, and uninstalled it after because I thought that was the problem, its still the same, it just pops up and closes.

Any solutions?

2. JeReSpringer13 macrumors member

I had this issue, too. Calculator and Safari also weren't working, as well as Weather not appearing in the Notifications Center. I couldn't figure it out, so I just ended up restoring. It happened twice after that and I restored then, too. I hope it doesn't happen again with the news that Apple might stop signing 7.0.4

3. Chargr thread starter macrumors regular

Chargr

I just checked safari and its doing the same thing. I might as just uninstall JB then if its gonna cuz problems, I hardly have any packages. just appcake and thats it.

4. Slumpey macrumors regular

When you installed Appcake, more then like AppSync was installed. AppSync caused it. Uninstall it.

5. Chargr thread starter macrumors regular

Chargr

I dont think so, It worked fine after that. I installed F.lux and then it began happening. So I uninstalled it and its the same problem.

6. Slumpey macrumors regular

AppSync was the issue for me. Found it as the cause thru Google.

7. Chargr thread starter macrumors regular

Chargr

How can I uninstall it? I installed it like more than a week ago when I JB. When I installed F.lux today it started to occur.

8. JeReSpringer13 macrumors member

Did uninstalling it fix the problem? I feel like I tried that, but I was messing around with so many things, I can't remember now.

9. Slumpey macrumors regular

10. Chargr thread starter macrumors regular

Chargr

Ok I uninstalled appsync and it fixed the issue, strange since everything was fine until f.lux.

Thanks everyone

11. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Easy fix. Stop stealing apps and your device will run fine :p

12. JeReSpringer13 macrumors member

Some people use AppSync for legitimate reasons (e.g Facebook releases an update that constantly crashes and you have to downgrade to the old version.) No need to jump to conclusions :p

13. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

"OK" ;)

Your reply is what anyone says as an "excuse".

14. JeReSpringer13 macrumors member

I've had to do it before when FB released an update about a year ago that instantly crashed on the 4S. Sorry you're pressed about what other people do on their own phones.

15. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I really don't care what you do w your device.

What I said stands no matter if you are pirating or not.
    If you want your device to run properly don't pirate apps it has been problematic ever since the big apps for it were taken down.

16. BumpyFlatline, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014

BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

You don't need appsync for this. If you save the IPA file or just "transfer purchases" with iTunes then you can install virtually any previous version of any app whenever you want. If you use iFunBox very often like I do, you could also use that to install the IPA files. There's also an app in one of the default repos in cydia called IPA Installer which can be used to install IPA files.

Using AppSync for this reason seems so stupid, especially when you read daily of people having jailbreak issues only to come to find out AppSync is the sole culprit.

Anyways, hopefully this helps some people find better, alternative ways to install valid, older apps.

Edit: There might be situations where this won't work. I can't say with absolute certainty this works 100% of the time, but from personal experience I've never run into any major issues. Between iTunes, ifunbox, and IPA installer, I can always install an older IPA file if I want/need to but luckily, none of my apps crash regularly. Chrome crashes every once in a while but I believe it's a memory related crash. Happens very rarely though.

17. JeReSpringer13 macrumors member

I thought AppSync was required to install any IPA files that don't come directly from the AppStore? I tried installing an older SnapChat IPA through iTunes without AppSync installed and it left me with a white vector grid icon that wouldn't run. It seems a lot easier for me to just download it through AppAddict or another IPA source directly on the phone than to bother transferring it using a computer.

18. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I haven't experienced that but I think you can run something like gUIcache to fix it. I could be wrong though. Obviously do what works for you. I was just letting people know there are alternatives if you use AppSync for this purpose and are having stability issues.

19. fizz7283 macrumors 6502a

It seems like quite a few of us are having issues with apps crashing and I don't thing app sync is the issue in every situation because I don't have it on my phone. In another thread people were saying activator is causing issues.

Rebooting the phone helped me. I was having Facebook, Dropbox and the camera app crashing tonight. Randomly out of nowhere it just started. And the last thing I had installed was nospot and it was several hours before my issues started.