Mail is driving me CRAZY!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thesdx, Dec 24, 2007.

1. thesdx macrumors 6502a

This seems like something Vista would do. First of all, every time Mail is closed, it opens itself for no reason. It then tries to send unsent messages that won't send due to a dead mail server, bounces again, this time giving me an alert box telling me that it can't send. I hit "Try Later", and one minute later, it does the same thing. It then bounces telling me that it needs the password for my Gmail account. I give it my password, and it checks mail, makes a sound, then pops up again asking me to verify encryption for an account. This all happened in about 2 minutes, and it keeps on popping up random alerts. This is exactly the opposite of what I'd expect from OSX. Is there some way to turn all these alerts off?

2. nando2323 macrumors 6502a

There is a couple of options that you should try under the mail preferences. Go to mail then preferences, under General there is an option there stating "If outgoing server is unavailable" Set that to "Automatically try sending later". I have the same issue with Yahoo mail it always prompts me for a stupid password for some reason after the initial one works. Also you could change the check for new mail setting to manual only and that would also get rid of this.