Mail issue; server thing?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by .michael, Sep 1, 2008.

1. .michael macrumors regular

To be perfectly honest, I don't know what it means , all I know is that I can't send emails becuase of it. When I try to, I get this message:

[​IMG]

and it seems only with certain screen names...

2. deltaiscain macrumors regular

I have it too!!! it is totally ridiculous. i just reinstalled leopard yesterday, but is still have it occasionally. I have it with my gmail account. this is totally ridiculous. I don't have this when i used thunderbird and entourage, it's just because of Mail. Does anyone know how to fix this?

3. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

Usually to my experience this is a problem with the server. See if you set up your account for IMAP properly and try again.

If that doesn't work (I don't recommend this though) what I did before was delete mail and it's library folder and restore it from a pervious working copy with Time Machine.

4. deltaiscain macrumors regular

100% sure it's set up correctly, also set it up with thunderbird and entourage and had no problems. it's just mail. i also reinstalled leopard, using erase and install, and that also didn't fix it.

5. .michael thread starter macrumors regular

How do I make sure it is 100% installed properly; I mean hte screename-server thing? Lol this is annoying.

reinstalled, same problem.

6. deltaiscain macrumors regular

for gmail, google has a guide that i followed to the letter, with all the ports. i am by the way using Imap, if that makes any difference.

7. .michael thread starter macrumors regular

i use AIM. I think I'm gonna call apple later on today.

8. deltaiscain macrumors regular