Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Check 6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
Here is a new one, since installing Mavericks I have n noticed that every time I compose and email and send it, which works OK, I can go to the trash folder and find at least several messages in the trash that are parts of the message I had composed and sent. What is going on?

Benjamin Rossen

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2008
The Netherlands
More Mavericks Mail issues

I have the following issues:

(1) After sending an e-mail a copy remains in my drafts folder. It remains there even after the recipient has received the e-mail and responded. I must manually delete the draft copy. This does not happen every time.

(2) It is not possible to shut down Mail. Attempting to shut down the computer fails when Mail fails to shut down. The only way to shut down gracefully is to use the Force Quit on mail before shutting down the system. This is a nuisance.

I have other issues unrelated to Mail. For example, emptying the trash is very slow in Mavericks.

I have MacPro 8 core Intel machine, 2TB disk space (4 disks), and 1TB Book for Time Machine. Previously I ran a soft 5 RAID but this has not been possible since Snow Leopard. That too, I regret.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.