Mail Issues With NordVPN

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Futhark, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

Has anyone any experience with using NordVPN on iPhone & Mac?

I purchased it yesterday and everything is working apart from my email. I noticed my iPhone hadn't shown me any notifications from mail in ages so I went into see what was happening and at the bottom it was staying on Checking for Mail... and not actually getting anywhere. Once I disabled the VPN it all downloaded perfectly.

I tried the same procedure on my Mac with NordVPN enabled and I got the same issue with no mail downloading and all my email accounts now had exclamation points beside them until I disabled the VPN.

I contacted their support who only half answered the question and are yet to reply to my follow up email. They said the changed the port for SMTP mail to stop People spamming which I understand but how would that prevent my incoming mail POP3 or IMAP.

If anyone knows a fix for this it would be much appreciated.

2. Futhark thread starter macrumors 65816

Futhark

Sorry I've got this resolved. It was a particular country wasn't allowing me to get my mail. This was fixed when I changed to another country