Mail: Junk Filter Driving Me Crazy

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bMorpheus, Apr 14, 2009.

1. bMorpheus macrumors newbie

bMorpheus

I hope this is the correct forum :confused:

Apparently someone sold my email address and now I keep getting Spammed BIG time. I have been getting up to 35 spam emails daily. Sometimes they are for the same "products" being pushed on me.

However, my email junk filter isn't catching them even after I have marked them as JUNK. Then there are my regular emails I receive daily that are turning up in my junk folder, even though in the past they never went there. I keep marking them as NOT junk, but they keep ending up there.

Is there some way I can fix this problem?

BTW: I'm using 2.1.3

TIA

2. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

Go to the junk filter, delete all the rules, and start again. If I were you, I'd just make a new address. When your email address is sold, it will keep getting passed on, and the spam load will get greater and greater.

Don't sign up to forums and newsletters with your main email address. Have a second one for things like that.

3. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Heh, I've used the one e-mail account for 10 years for everything now and I get about 3 or 4 spam messages a week. I think the real solution is not to give your e-mail address out to dodgy websites. Forums are pretty much okay.

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Get SpamSieve

You need to train it a little but worth the time.

At a certain point in time I was getting >1000 junk mail per week and SpamSieve took care of it.