Mail just disapered!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pepsipopup, Dec 22, 2008.

1. pepsipopup macrumors newbie

the mail app that comes with the mac OS just disapered from my hard drive :eek:!!!

ok so i tried redownloading the bundled apps which is an installation package on the mac OS X install disk. that did not work...
    some people in the chris pirillo chat room (live.pirillo.com) had suggested that i reinstall the entire mac operating system.
    but, before i do that, i just wanted to check if anyone on the mac forums could come up with something else.
    thanks for your time and happy holidays :D

2. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

We have had this happen on a coupe of our Macs. Go to the Apple site and browse through the threads on the many Mail problems that are surfacing. I've corrected some of the issues on some of our computers but not all.

One of my associates has just reverted to using webmail due to all of the issues.

Here ya go: http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1223

3. pepsipopup thread starter macrumors newbie

yea lots of probelms...

yeah sure theres alot of problems but their all related to the recent 10.5.6 update. my problem with Mail happened this summer and its almost Christmas.

maybe this little piece of info can help people who want to help me.
    the iMovie app was wiped from my hard drive i don't know how. since I didn't know you could install only the bundled apps, i reinstalled Mac OS X completely. it is after that that I lost the Mail application, or I just didn't notice. But I think it might be related to that reinstall of the OS...
    :p