iPad Mail Keeps Crashing

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by driftless, Sep 16, 2015.

1. driftless macrumors demi-god

driftless

Since I uploaded to iOS 9 the mail app keeps crashing when I try to compose an email, anyon else have the same issue?

2. Yun0 Suspended

Yun0

no. try in order posted till one of them works:

-force close all apps in task viewer, reboot phone normally
    -reflash ios 9 in itunes with shift/options + click update select ipsw method (data remains on device)
    -reset all settings
    -restore to ios 9 + restore from backup
    -restore to ios 9 without restoring from backup

3. driftless thread starter macrumors demi-god

driftless

My latest back-up was made after iOS 9 was installed so I am not sure a restore will work, and just re-install the problem?

4. driftless thread starter macrumors demi-god

driftless

In case anyone else has this problem I called Apple Care and they had me do a hard reset and that did not fix the problem. I then a restore network settings and that did the trick.

5. energetic macrumors newbie

energetic

In my case the mail app cannot open. It just starts as a blank page and then crashes. I had to deactivate one mail account and set from "No limit" to "One month". Then I activate the mail account and it works back again after two or three crashes.

There is a major issue with the mail app since the upgrade. I have about 10 mail accounts and never had any issue with any previous iOS, but the iOS 9 has created a major problem to the mail app and cannot do things right at work etc.

I hope they release a fix soon. For the record the same issue is confirmed by four colleagues till now.

I would like to add that this happens in iPad Air 2 and does not occur in iPhone 6 Plus.

6. driftless thread starter macrumors demi-god

driftless

When I spoke to the Apple Tech they said a reinstall of iOS 0 may be necessary to correct the problem.

7. energetic macrumors newbie

energetic

Unfortunately it doesn't change anything.

Surprisingly the issue is only present in iPad Air 2 and not in iPhone 6 Plus. Both my wife and I have the same problem here on our devices.

8. energetic macrumors newbie

energetic

Finally, the issue has been solved with the latest update iOS 9.0.1. Everything in mail app is now back to normal!

9. energetic macrumors newbie

energetic

Well, it only worked for three days and then the mail app crashed again. I had to change it to 1 month once again. I will keep you updated when iOS 9.0.2 will be installed.