Mail keeps prompting for Exchange password?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rebby, Sep 4, 2009.

1. rebby macrumors 6502

I got Snow Leopard installed earlier this week and one of the first things that I configured was Exchange email. Now I can use my Mac more often with day to day work tasks. :)

I'm having an issue with this however. Although I keep checking the option to save my password I keep getting prompted for it. Every time I get prompted, I (again) tell it to save the password. Without fail, I get prompted for it again. Sometimes only minutes later, other times, a few hours later.

I've tried deleting the account and setting it again. Access control for this password in Keychain indicated that only "exchange" is allowed access to this account. I've added the Mail application with no change in behavior either.

Any thoughts? Has anybody seen this before? I've searched here and Google and found nothing.

2. rebby thread starter macrumors 6502

Nobody has any ideas? Am I the only one with this problem so far?

3. deboni macrumors member

deboni

Similar problem

I have a similar problem with a Comcast POP account. I periodically get asked for its password.

4. rebby thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't just get periodically get asked, sometimes it's as often as every few minutes! Other times, it can go as long as a day w/out asking.