Mail keychain not remembering password...

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by whohasaquestion, Jun 20, 2012.

1. whohasaquestion macrumors 6502

Well, I am not sure if this is a prevalent issue among Lion users. But I have two Yahoo email accounts set up for Mail app in Lion. It seems like they always act up with keychain password problem. I can type in the password and click the "remember password in keychain" option, but it will ask me again and again. I verified the permission on disk, it shows no issue. This seems to only happen with Yahoo account, my Gmail account never, or rarely, has this issue.

Any idea how I can fix this annoyance?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I had this same problem (about several times a week but no pattern) with my email when it was on Hotmail (POP) but it almost never happened on my Gmail (IMAP) account. I moved my Hotmail to a Hover (IMAP) and it hasn't happen again. Is Yahoo POP? If so I wonder if it is POP related?

3. Apple Poptart macrumors member

I'm having the same problem. Any advice would be appreciated.

4. whohasaquestion thread starter macrumors 6502

5. garygmar macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem with my yahoo accounts. Did you ever find a resolution to this issue?

6. Fank macrumors member

Fank

something's buggy, having same problem with my mac mail account for the last week. I assume 'top men' at Apple are working on a solution.

7. PaulKemp macrumors 6502

I'm having some issues with keychain as well. Not remembering keychain passowrds for Remote Apple Events. Having to login every time. Anyone else seeing this? thanks

8. mattyb240 macrumors 6502a

All you need to do is delete or repair the keychain in keychain access.

9. PaulKemp macrumors 6502

That seemed to do the trick! Learning something new everyday it seems. Thanks!

10. steve.tmq macrumors newbie

I will try that

I have the same problem on show leopard so I'll give the deleating the keychine thing a go. Sorry for the spelling i am dyslex.....